♦ March 25, 2015
♦ 22 Comments
I’m pleased to announce I’ve been awarded a Liebster Award! Thank you very much to Maca for nominating me. Maca has been speedily reviewing lots of great books–check out her interesting blog here: booksaremylovers. The Liebster Award is a chain tradition for bloggers to share other blogs they enjoy.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank and link the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers and link them. (I have over 200, but it can be tricky to figure that out and also, I am quite late in posting this award.)
4. Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
5. Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
OK, now on to Maca’s fun questions:
1. What is the book that you are currently reading right now? I’ll be sitting in as my library’s book club leader in a few weeks and they have chosen to discuss THE CHAPERONE by Laura Moriarty. So, not only am I giving it a careful reading, but I’m also listening to an audio version during my commute. I like to be prepared. 🙂
2. Do you like movie adaptations of books? What adaptation lived up to your expectations and you would recommend? Ones that come to mind are TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD, GONE WITH THE WIND, and many of Jane Austen’s titles.
3. In your opinion what book has the best cover ever? No way can I choose just one. So, after a quick search these are today’s choices, although I have to confess I haven’t read most of them.
4. What is your favorite/s book genre? Historical Fiction and just about anything in YA.
5. What is the book that you’ve read the most number of times? I don’t tend to read books over and over, although I know I’ve read THE GREAT GATSBY, as well as TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD, at least twice. That said, I do read my own books (in manuscript form) over and over, along with the manuscripts written by members of my critique group.
6. In case of calamity (fire, flood, etc.) and you only have a chance to save a few books that you can carry in your arms. What are those books? Easy. I would grab my photo books. I love to make fancy books using all my favorite photos of family, friends, and memorable events.
7. What do you enjoy doing aside from reading? I enjoy writing, working in a library, painting, travel, music, paper-cutting, and holidays.
8. What do you prefer, physical copy or ebook? Why? Definitely ones made from paper. I like to hold them and flip through their pages. I spend enough time in front of the computer without wanting to read another screen during my downtime. I’m also fond of audio books for my car.
9. If you are given a chance, who is the author you would want to be close friends with? Hmm, this is a tough one. I know many authors who I consider to be friends already. Instead, I’ll go back a few years and choose Lucy Maud Montgomery.
10. What is your favorite part of the year? Spring, especially after this extra long winter.
11. What is the first book you would instantly recommend to someone you just met? Like me? How about my own books CALL ME AMY and AMY’S CHOICE! 🙂
In turn, I nominate the following people for the Liebster Award (I had to nominate a bunch back in January for a different award, so these will be all new ones):
And here are your quick and easy questions:
1. What’s your favorite pastime?
2. Favorite ice cream?
3. Favorite book?
4. Favorite movie?
5. Favorite climate?
6. Favorite vacation?
7. Favorite color?
8. Favorite hot meal?
9. Favorite song?
10. Favorite season?
11. Favorite candy?
Congratulations to the new nominees and thanks for playing!
Congratulations, Marcia. Fun post!
Thank you, Catherine!
Thank you, Sharon!
Congratulations! (I like your answers to # 6 and 7.)
Hi Louise, thanks!
Hi Marcia, thanks for visiting my blog. I think I’d like to be friends with LM Montgomery too – but that’s probably because I can’t separate her from Anne who is one of my all-time favourite characters.
Yes, she must have had a little bit of Anne in her. Thanks for your comment, Anabel!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you, Yvonne!
Thanks for the nomination!
But I just received another award a little while back & so I’ll pass my place to someone else. 🙂
Glad you enjoy Z is for Zampetti!
No problem, thanks Leslie!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Congratulations!! A well-deserved and well-earned award!
Thank you, Joyce. Hope things are going well for you.
Thank you for answering my questions Marcia. 🙂
It was a pleasure, Maca!
I’m not surprised you got another award. This blog is a work of art!!!
Thanks SO much, Ashley!
Congratulations Marcia on a well deserved award. I always look forward to your blog posts! 🙂
Thank you, Bette!
Thank you, Art! 🙂